Building a more sustainable future with steel
constructsteel, the steel construction market development programme of the World Steel Association (worldsteel) is looking for a part-time freelance Communications Specialist.
At constructsteel we’re looking for an experienced communication professional to support our newly launched construction development programme. The ideal candidate will have experience in the international construction and building sector as well as working knowledge of the associated specialist trade media and networks. They should be a self-starter, able to work independently, but also proficient in working collaboratively across teams. They will be expected to prepare and write copy, so fluent spoken and written English will be essential. They will coordinate and manage communications programmes across various social media platforms promoting the use of steel as a key construction material. This will also require staying up to date with research on market trends and industry data to help us remain topical and relevant.
Position: Communications Specialist
Employment type: Part-time, remote working. Initially 3 days a week but flexibility is important.
Objectives of this Role
- To drive up audiences and conversation on social media
- Build a repeat audience tracking the website
- Successfully promote steel as the key competitive material in the construction sector
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Produce a range of traditional and digital communications materials to reach on and offline audiences
- Collaborate with team members to execute communications campaigns
- Support and liaise with members to plan and implement various material-focused campaigns to meet overall organisational goals and targets
- Help gather, analyse and present the brand, competitor insights, trends, and data
- Contribute to other lead generation and customer-acquisition activities such as media promotion, networking, trade shows, and events
- Measure and report performance of communications campaigns, gain insight, and assess against goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, PR, marketing or related position
- Hands-on experience developing campaigns and promotions
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skill and presentation ability
- Experience working with the construction, architecture or engineering sectors will be considered an asset.
- Intermediate understanding of key digital content creation tools – Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Ability to identify and interpret performance analytics and to adjust communications tactics accordingly
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Knowledge of relevant industry markets and sector trends
- Established media contacts
Please submit your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be Friday 4th December 2020.