Dutch association for architects announces nominees Best Building of the Year
BNA, the Dutch association for architects, announces the nominees for the BNA Best Building of the Year competition. This yearly prize is dedicated to buildings which add the most value for their building clients, users and society as a whole.
The jury, presided by Louise Vet (managing director of the Dutch Institute for Ecology of the Royal Academy of Science), has choosen nine nominees out of a collection of 110 submitted projects. All competing projects haven been designed by architectural firms in Holland or abroard which are a member of the BNA-assocation. The projects have been taken into use in 2017. All entries have been participating and judged into four separate categories.
The nominees are:
Identity and iconic value:
- Visitors Paviljon, Park Vijversburg (Tytjerk) • Architect: Studio Maks en Junya Ishigami • Client: Stichting Op Toutenburg
- Musis Sacrum (Arnhem) • Architect: Van Dongen – Koschuch achitects & planners • Client: Municipality Arnhem
- City Archives Delft (Den Hoorn) • Architect: Office Winhov and Gottlieb Paludan Architects • Client: Municipality Delft
Quality of life & Social Cohesion:
- Space S (Eindhoven) • Architect: Inbo • Client: Dwelling Corporation Eindhoven
- Multifunctional Center Doelum (Renkum) • Architect: NOAHH and Studio Nuy van Noort • Client: Municipality Renkum
- Sportcampus Zuiderpark (Den Haag) • Architect: FaulknerBrowns Architects • Client: Municipality Den Haag, The Hague College and ROC Mondriaan
- Het Gelders Huis (Arnhem) • Architect: Team V Architectuur • Client: VolkerWessels
- Paviljon Circl (Amsterdam) • Architect: De Architecten Cie • Client: ABN Amro Bank
- Superlofts Blok Y (Utrecht) • Architect: Marc Koehler Architects • Client: Corporative Association Blok Y, Residents Group, MKA and VinkBouw
The winner(s) in each category, the winner appointed by the jury as well as the public winner will be announced on 18 May 2018 in Amsterdam. The public can choose its winner out of the 9 nominees. Voting is open until 1 May 2018 on www.gebouwvanhetjaar.nl/publieksprijs-2018
- Photos: Central Station Breda (Koen van Velsen Architects; ProRail / NS Stations / Municipality Breda) was the overall winner BNA Best Building of the Year 2017. (© René de Wit). The station is build with a steel-concrete load bearing structure.