ECCS launches competition for the 5th European Steel Bridge Awards
Every two years (in rotation with the European Steel Design Awards) ECCS organises the European Steel Bridge Awards. This 2018 edition – the 5th in a row – is now open for registration of steel and composite bridges of which the steel structures are designed or fabricated in the ECCS Full member countries.
This year international contestants can also take part in the competition. They should submit their projects directly to ECCS. Other submissions have to be sent through the ECCS members, the national constructional steelwork associations.
All entries will be judged by an international expert jury:
- Pavel Ryjacek, Czech Constructional Steelwork Association;
- Dennis Rademacher, Chairman of the ECCS Bridge Committee;
- Georg Pendl, President of the Architects’ Council of Europe;
- Aris Chatzidakis, President Elect of the European Council of Civil Engineers;
- Roman Koucky, Architect and Head of Metropolitan Plan Office, Prague Institute of Planning and Development;
- Lasse Kilvaer, Chairman of ECCS Awards and Architecture Committee;
- Véronique Dehan, ECCS Secretary General
The jury will select the best projects answering criteria defined into the Call for Entries here attached.
The Awards Ceremony will take place on 11 September 2018 at the Prague City Hotel in Prague (Czech Republic).
The European Steel Bridge Awards are dedicated to the owners, general contractors, architects, engineers and steelwork contractors as an appreciation of their collaboration and excellence of work within exemplary steel bridge projects.
- Further information: www.steelconstruct.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo: Winner of the European Steel Bridge Award 2016, in the category Road and Railway Bridges: Sundsvall Bridge, Sweden Trafikverket (owner: Swedish Transport Administration, architect: &Rundquist). More info: steelbridgeawards.com